Fixed layer shift promblem of Steel Fisher

In Deltabot 3D Printer a tiny gap on one out of twelve joints creat layer shift problem, which renders the usablity. Once it develops a sign of subtle layer shift, it gets worse as time goes.

The printed part a lot of wiggles but overall shape is fine.
20160930_0064

This part has 0.3 mm layer shift
20160930_0057

When I disassembled the acrylic rods, five or six balls were loose.  I intentionally did not apply Locktight because I would install another set of rods made out of aluminium tube and igus ballend within a week.

201610020098

Out of curiosity I installed laser cut aluminium rods.  All twelve ball joints were firm. I performed auto calibration and four points check. However printing a test model revealed serious problem of the aluminium rods. It didn’t provide enough freemom of motion at all.

I think steep aluminium rod against steel ball causes excessive friction enough to limit movement of rods.

201610020075

201610020079

I inspected the twelve acrylic rods and all the holes had exact 5.00 mm in diameter. Except one loose ball joint, others provide firm compression. To fix the ball joint, I replaced M3 nut with three M3 washer that decreses the gap to 1.5 mm between two rods.

201610020100

Test printed parts.

Layer height: 0.2 mm

201610020103

Layer height: 0.2 mm

201610020122

I

About janpenguin

Email: janpenguin [at] riseup [dot] net Every content on the blog is made by Free and Open Source Software in GNU/Linux.
This entry was posted in Reprap 3D Printer and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s