Installation of foot switch on the drill press is done.
Replaced tape wraps and strings with wire connectors, zip tie strips, and a plastic tube.
Upgraded the wood lathe
Redesigned claws of the drive center which has six small claws that are little shorter than the center shaft.
Previous version of the drive center.
The tailstock is secured by a built-in board.
Applied coarse sand paper then lubed soy bean on the wood pieces.
Installation of wind barrier to the rear window
Before the work
Stacked pile of concrete waste
Stacked rows of wooden beams from the old buildings I demolished.
Stacked earthbags to block the window area.
An old door frame is supporting lower earthbags.
The barrier has small space for the ventilation fan.
Fired up the wooden stove before I went to sleep last night.
Checked temperatures of the bedroom and outdoor.
Frost has started forming a week ago. The temperature will go below zero degree within one or two weeks during the night.
Rust removal of the workbench
I decided to clean up the workbench before major overhaul.
What a messy work! The wire cup was shooting wires all over the place like spikes. Anyone who plan to use it, make sure wearing safety glasses and protection clothes.
The top surface of the workbench is concave towards the center near 10 mm of level drop compared to the edges. Also it has only two to two and half millimeter of thickness so that it’s hard to do precision work on this workbench.
I’ll reinforce the top surface using three pine lumbers and make it flat surface.