Make sure the camera battery is fully charged.
- Download the latest firmware http://software.gopro.com/Firmware/HD2/HD2-firmware.bin
- Copy the firmware file to an SD card (/)
- Insert the SD card into the camera.
- Hold the “shutter” button while turning the camera on.
- Release the shutter button. Press and release the power button. A prompt will appear to “press 1”. Press and release the power button. A prompt will appear to “press 2”. Press and release the power button.
- The camera will install the update and turn itself off.
- Verify the update went well by taking a few still pictures and checking the “software” version in the EXIF metadata